Photo: Samuel Adams
Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale Bread
Created by Carlene O'Garro, Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream beneficiary
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup Harvest Pumpkin Ale purée (directions below)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the sugar and oil in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed. Slowly add the egg.
2. Stop the mixer and add the Harvest Pumpkin Ale purée (directions below).
3. Turn mixer to low-medium speed and leave it running for 4 to 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
4. Stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients. Mix for 1 minutes at low speed or until all the ingredients are mixed together.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5" loaf pan, leaving room at top of pan for bread to rise.
6. Bake for 60 minutes. Check bread by sticking the center with a knife (when the knife comes out clean, remove from the oven). If needed, back for another 5 to 8 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
7. Once the bread has fully cooled, finish with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Pumpkin Purée Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 bottle Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Combine all the ingredients and stir slowly. Set aside until ready to use.