- Lime Tortilla Chips - Light-years ahead of the plain kind. Tostitos makes the tastiest ones. There go very well with fruit salsa, usually mango or peach.
- Sweet Potato Chips - Everyone from Pringles to Terra manufactures these, though I would swing toward the latter, since the Pringles also have cinnamon. They match nicely with corn salsa or bean dip.
- Banana or Plantain Chips - Yes, I know they're not the same thing, but close enough for my purposes. Another standout with fruit salsa, though I also like them with guacamole.
- Pretzel Chips - A nice combo of two great salty snacks, the chips and the pretzel. Try with spinach or onion dip.
- Tabasco Cheez-Its - Don't put anything on these. You'll wind up devouring much of the box and you don't want anything to get in your way.
"pretzel chips" news and stories
Filed under: Raves & Reviews
Kettle Foods, the makers of the popular thick-cut Kettle-style potato chips, has introduced a new product to their line of healthier, baked chips. Kettle Bakes Pretzel Chips are thin, flat versions of pretzels, made with organic flour and topped with a variety of all-natural seasonings, including coarse-grained salt. Think of them as a hybrid between crackers, pretzels and potato chips, good for dipping as well as for snacking. Available flavors include Original, Honey Dijon and Fully Loaded, which is similar to an "everything" bagel, with onion and garlic flavorings, as well as sesame, poppy and caraway seeds. The chips are low in fat, contain no trans fat and have only 110-120 calories per serving.