Photo: Stickygooeychef, Flickr
Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Making use of childhood appeal and refreshing freezer temperatures, ice cream sandwiches are the pinnacle of summer desserts. The playful portable treats can easily be made two ways: either by simply stuffing individual soft-baked cookies with tablespoonfuls of ice cream and freezing or creating two pans of rolled-out cookie sheets, icing the bottom layer with ice cream, topping it with the second cookie pan and freezing.
Get inspired by these quirky ice cream sandwich recipes or do your own mix-and-matched concoctions!
- Lemon ice cream sandwiches with raspberry-swirl (pictured at left)
- Brownie-mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches
- Chocolate macaroon ice cream sandwiches with caramel ice cream
- Gingerbread cookies stuffed with vanilla ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream with ginger-molasses cookie sandwiches
- Mango-curry ice cream sandwiches with gingersnaps
- Gingersnap lemon sherbet sandwiches
Become a member of the Slashfood Flickr pool to get a shot at having your photos featured in Feast Your Eyes.