Photo: Boston Market
"gravy" news and stories
Each Thursday, we round up a selection of scrumptious links from our friends over at YumSugar. Here's what they've got cooking this week:
Next Food Network Star winner Melissa d'Arabian wants to save you money for Thanksgiving -- $20 for gobble grub!
We know you've been procrastinating -- rustle up a Thanksgiving menu on the fly and with facility.
Do you believe in utilizing bird innards?
What's a better complement to turkey: cranberry sauce or gravy?
Skip the fowl, make penne with mushrooms.
Kim Kardashian makes Carl's Jr. sexy.
Diddy offers party-hosting tips, because, you know, you'll definitely want to throw a post-turkey-day shindig.
Filed under: YumSugar
- Simple tips for a hassle-free Thanksgiving.
- Compound butters pack an amazing punch.
- A pre-roasting milk bath is a good alternative to salt-brining your holiday bird.
- But don't forget the gravy.
- Here's an American culinary tradition you've probably never heard of: tomato pudding.
- Cranberries are good for the adult kind of "sauce" too.
- Should you have a catastrophe on the big day, try one of these turkey hotlines.
- Add a Thai twist to turkey leftovers.
- Contrary to popular belief, Champagne prices are apparently dropping; here's how to buy.
- If beer is more your style, here are some suggestions for what to pair with your Thanksgiving dinner.
- And turkey basics from the USDA allow for more drink and less think next Thursday.
- A columnist offers three steps to "fool-proof" gravy.
- Local chefs share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
- The Pacific Northwest Cheese Project, a blog about local cheeses, is now a book.
- The Thomas Street Bistro runs more like a dinner party than a restaurant.
Most Popular Stories
How to Throw a Dim Sum Party