"graham cracker" news and stories
1. Inside-out s'mores from Foodaphilia
2. S'mores bread pudding from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
4. Pumpkin spice marshmallows from Serious Eats (for putting into s'mores!)
5. S'mores maker form Kitchen Contraptions. I think I need this.
6. A cookbook all about S'mores, reviewed by Baking Bites.
7. S'mores cookies from Cookie Madness
8. S'mores cupcakes from Cupcake Bakeshop
Somehow, the fact that August 10th is National S'mores Day managed to sneak by us, but these delicious treats are worth a mention, even if it is a bit belated.
If you're not familiar with s'mores, they are made by sandwiching a toasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate in between two graham crackers. The name of the treat comes from the two words "some more," clearly combined because people often wanted to have at least a second serving after having one s'more. The treat was developed by campers in the early part of the 20th century, making use of the fairly new mass-produced marshmallows. Marshmallows were easy to transport, as were candy bars and graham crackers, and the marshmallows could be warmed easily over a fire to make a delicious treat in a situation where other types of sweets would have been difficult to come by.