- Summer is for grilling: Grilled Caponata with Charred Bread, Beer Can Chicken with Dirty Bird Rub, and Grilled Peach Upside-Down Cake.
- Kids love Frankenstuffers.
- What does actress Anika Noni Rose keep in her fridge?
- Or how about Dennis Franz?
- Having a big party? Print out these DIY place cards.
- Even dogs love salad (right?).
- Make some vegetarian dinners: Portobello Mushroom and Almond Pesto Lasagna, Zucchini Fritters with Roasted Red Pepper Dip, and Grilled Vegetable Salad with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette.
- Another celeb: Jane Seymour makes a centerpiece with flowers and crayons.
- More recipes: Pineapple-Shrimp Tostadas, Asian Chicken Cutlets, Chicken Burgers with Barbecue Onion Sauce, and Spiked Pink Lemonade.
"caponata" news and stories
I know, Jaden has been showing up in our food porn category a lot lately, but if you take a look at the pictures on her website, there really is little wonder why. I absolutely had to draw attention to this recipe though, as her latest creation includes one of my favorite foods - baby eggplants, which are drizzled in olive oil and roasted in the oven, then topped off with Caponata, parsley, and freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Though that alone sounds absolutely divine, she also recommends other toppings you can use instead, including another of my favorite flavor combinations: pesto sauce with chopped parsley, roasted pine nuts and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Stephen, at Stephen Cooks, really outdid himself with the photo of Caponata Pizza, with Eggplant, Tomato and Onions. Caponata is a traditional Italian dish of eggplant stew, served on toasted crostini. This variation puts the same flavors onto a pizza. The pizza looks like it is perfectly cooked and the extreme close-up of the slice captures the melting cheese and eggplant topping, as well as the sprinkling of toasty pinenuts and parsley garnish. Could it be pizza perfection? That is hard to say, since there are so many different types of pizza out there. But, from the look of it, even a dyed-in-the-wool pepperoni fan would be tempted to take a bite (or two) of this pie.