"avocado" news and stories
Photo: muora, Flickr
Each Thursday, we round up a selection of scrumptious links from our friends over at YumSugar. Here's what they've got cooking this week:
- Carrie Bradshaw as culinary trendsetter?
- These recipes show that there is more to do with avocado than make guacamole.
- While you're at it, keep your avocados from getting a tan.
- Matching American craft breweries to their home states is almost as much fun as drinking their offerings.
- After the heat of the BBQ grill, cool down with some strawberry ice cream on Memorial Day.
- No grill necessary for everyone's favorite appetizer -- spinach-artichoke dip.
Filed under: On the Blogs
| Sloppy Joe.
Photo: gezellig-girl.com, Flickr
- Aww... Sloppy Joe loses its spotlight to a cousin -- the salsa-infused Sloppy Jose.
- Avocados can be whipped into more than just guacamole -- try some Avocado Fries.
- Peppers are hitting farm stands, including the tiny and tasty Yum Yum peppers.
- Mushroom lovers rejoice -- it's National Mushroom Month. Get your 'shroom on with Mini Quiche Caps.
- Houston writer Greg Morago says, "Don't be sheepish about eating lamb."
- Meijer makes Moose Tracks mint-flavored.
- Picking out the right ears and dishing up Corn-Corn Muffins.
- Good Stuff finds a green-onion recall, food events and funky dishes.
Filed under: In Sixty Seconds