Photo: Julep67, Flickr
In what can only be described as a bizarre and unintentional trend in the chain restaurant industry, yet another child was accidentally served alcohol, this time at Chili's, reports ABC news. There have been similar incidents recently at both The Olive Garden, in which a two-year-old was served sangria, and Applebee's, in which a 15-month-old was served a margarita.
The 4-year-old child, Brooklynn Morris, was allegedly served a mudslide instead of a chocolate shake and had three to four sips before she announced that she didn't like it. Her mother tasted the drink and immediately recognized the alcohol. Brooklynn was brought to the hospital and diagnosed with alcohol-ingestion overdose.
The mother, Tyree Davis, remarked to CBS, "I don't want it to ever happen again ... to any child, because I know this just happened last week to someone, and I heard about it, and it's crazy that it just happened to us yesterday."
ABC reports that ERJ Dining, the owner of Chili's, claims that the girl was served fruit punch and it was the mother that was served the alcohol drink.