Photo: Elizabeth Hait, AOL
Last month, we wrote about a Chicago-based chocolatier, truffle truffle, and their unusual new item: beer marshmallows. Based on the flood of comments we got on the post, Facebook and Twitter it was clear that readers were hooked.
So when we heard that founder and owner Nicole Greene was giving these addictive sweets a twist for St. Patrick's Day, we had to get our hands on some. Dipped in milk chocolate and topped with crunchy bits of a sweet, salty beer-and-pretzel brittle, the green marshmallows become "green beer o'mallows" -- same great taste, but with a little more St. Patty's Day spirit.
Since they didn't want the editors at Slashfood and KitchenDaily to have all the fun, truffle truffle is giving Slashfood readers a chance to try them, too.
Find out how to win one out of six boxes after the jump.
Visit truffletruffle.com to purchase your own. A percentage of proceeds from the sale of these seasonal treats will benefit Gateway Green's Tree Partnership Program, dedicated to converting abandoned lots into community green spaces to beautify Chicago's neighborhoods.
• To enter, leave a confirmed comment below telling us why you'd love to win these treats.
• The comment must be left before 5pm EST on Thursday, March 10, 2011.
• You may enter only once.
• Six winners will be selected in a random drawing.
• Four winners will receive a one 4-piece box (estimated value $10) and two winners will receive one 12-piece box (estimated value $30).
• Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 and older.
• Click here for complete Official Rules. Winners will be notified by email, so be sure to provide a valid email address!
Become a fan of Slashfood on Facebook and follow us Twitter.