Photo: Sarah De Heer, AOL
In August, we announced that Burger King was launching yet another death-defying sandwich -- the NY Pizza Burger. This behemoth of a burger contains four Whopper patties, slices of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese with marinara and "Tuscan sauce" (which was indistinguishable from the marinara) on a giant sesame seed bun.
While we weren't able to attend the launch, we finally got around to trying it this week, and boy, was it worth the wait. Erik Trinidad of Fancy Fast Food joined us for the task and we were all in agreement -- this was one unforgettable fast food creation.
Coming in at a "whopping" 2,530 calories, 144 grams of fat and 3,780 milligrams of sodium, this burger is meant to feed six people. However, while we were there, we saw two people dig into this thing and finish it. We can't point fingers, but we were only able to get four servings out of it.
At first bite, it tastes like a Whopper, but with the second bite, it tasted more like pizza. The more you eat it, the more the flavors blend -- creating an addictive eating experience.
The Top 5 Things We Loved Most about the NY Pizza Burger:
1. The "pizza box" it comes in.
2. It took two hands to carry this meal.
3. The pepperoni. The pieces weren't as greasy as pepperoni you'd find on a regular pizza. They were meaty and really made the burger.
4. It was fun -- something to do if you have friends visiting NYC who beg you to take them to Times Square.
5. For the first time ever, fast food filled us up.