Crab cake with spring mix and edamame salad. Photo: Jonlee3, Flickr.
This sweet crustacean certainly puts up a fight before providing its trickily accessible succulent meat. Once spared of the efforts required for shelling your own fresh crab -- yes, a privilege in its own right, though hardly a desirable one for time-pressed home cooks -- pre-packaged lump crabmeat is a culinary godsend.
While the classic, breadcrumbed crabcake is the obvious favorite rendition (pictured here with a spring mix and edamame salad), take a look at some of our favorite crab recipes for your own inspiration:
- Daniel Boulud's Crabmeat Salad with Mango, Cucumber and Coriander
- Nigella Lawson's Linguine with Chile, Crab and Watercress
- South Carolina-style Crab Dip
- Springy Crab Tostadas
- A classic Crab Louis salad
- Mario Batali's Spaghetti with Crab, Saffron and Chiles
Become a member of the Slashfood Flickr pool to get a shot at having your photos featured on the site.