Photo: @rgs, Flickr
- The personal is political, and nothing's more personal than food. L.A.'s city council is acting accordingly, with numerous food initiatives -- including some controversial ones.
- Polenta made right is an essential comfort food -- and easy, too.
- Gutsy, affordable, fun: The Lazy Ox Canteen in downtown L.A. is all that and then some.
- The 2007 Maculan Brentino, a Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon blend, is the wine of the week and it won't empty your wallet.
- When a German baker and a German baking tool converge at the same Huntington Beach bakery, an authentic taste of Deutschland results -- in the form of towering baumkuchen (tree cakes).