Photo: BenSpark, Flickr
Got a hankering for a ketchup sandwich? Salivating at the thought of scrambled eggs and grape jelly?
No, we're not talking pregnancy cravings -- we're talking strange (and objectively tasty) food cravings brought to you by a recent CafeMom.com inquiry: "Which weird foods do you eat that other people find utterly revolting?" Popcorn and Sno-Caps are so elementary, my dear Watson.
Included after the jump are just a few of the bizzare reader responses:
• Mashed potatoes and noodles with gravy.
• Gravy and biscuits with grape jelly.
• Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches.
• Chocolate cake with pinto beans.
• Hollowed-out pickles filled with ranch dressing and cheese.
• Garlic bread topped with peanut butter and spaghetti.
We wanted to see what our loyal Twitter and Facebook followers had to say too -- here's a few of the most eccentric eats:
• Peanut butter and Cheez Whiz sandwiches. (@christellar)
• Omelettes filled with strawberry jam.
• Bologna and pork 'n' beans sandwiches. (@mhoban)
• Carrots and wasabi. (@ianpenk)
• Hard boiled eggs and pickled beets on bread and butter.
• Mustard on pancakes. (@DavidHammond)
Can you top these curious combos? Tell us in the comments. And be sure to visit CafeMom.com for more peculiar pinings.