The Slashfood team is heading out for our New Year's celebrations. But there's still time to get your feast and drinks prepared. Read on for a host of last-minute ideas.
- Before you start your festivities, learn how to open champagne like a pro with LeNell Smothers.
- Don't know the difference between French champagne and Italian prosecco? Our guide will walk you through all the options and we'll even offer you some bargain bubbles that won't burst the budget.
- Not into the bubbly stuff? Lift a glass of the hard stuff and toast to 2010 with these at-home classic cocktails.
- Don't forget about the food. Cocktail party recipes are the sure-fire way to get the party started.
- Did you know that if collards are eaten on New Year's Day, they'll bring wealth in the coming year? Learn what other foods are considered lucky with New Year's food history.
- In 2009 we indulged our way through dozes of new cookbooks, check out our favorites.
- Finally, brush up on the decade with the 10 Greatest Cooking Shows of All Time, Eight Fast-Food Miracles and Missteps and The Decade in Ingredient Trends.