Photo: law_keven, Flickr
- More acidic oceans, a consequence of rising atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, can produce jumbo-size shelled marine species, including lobsters, crabs, and shrimp.
- In other CO2 news, Max Burger restaurant in central Stockholm claims to be the first restaurant chain in the world to publish carbon dioxide emissions on its menu.
- Congress will get a school lunch next week when the USDA will serve them chicken fajita strips, sliced ham and canned green beans, the same products the agency gives schools across the country.
- Woman caught on a hidden camera sneaking into a New York apartment by coming in through a crawlspace and raiding the pantry. Resident believes she had been secretly living there for weeks.
- Ganja Gourmet becomes first marijuana restaurant to open. It's located in Colorado, where medicinal marijuana is legal.
- Memorabilia from the bankrupt restaurant Tavern on the Green will be auctioned Jan. 13-14. Items will include the Central Park restaurant's crystal chandeliers, silver candelabras, stone sculptures and other decorative items.
- Finally, Food & Wine has compiled lists of the best airport dining spots and the best places to dine out during the holidays, including Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix.