|Honey Baked Ham: Ipettinati, Flickr.com
One of the most tender and juicy hams you can serve your guests this holiday season is just a click away. Honey Baked Hams are bone-in hams that have a sensational honey crust that produces a sweet taste throughout the meat. A must-have in many Southern households for the holidays, these hams are an ideal Thanksgiving turkey alternative. A variety of honey baked and glazed hams can be ordered online -- making both shopping and cooking easier for the busy host. Slashfood rounded up some of the top online sites for ordering honey baked ham this holiday season.
- The HoneyBaked Ham Company offers whole and half honey-baked and glazed hams online. You can even order complete meals with side dishes like green bean casserole, potatoes au gratin and southern pecan pie.
- Chicago's Allen Brothers, whose steaks are served in steakhouses like Morton's and at Lawry's the Prime Rib's four outposts, offers honey-glazed hams and ham dinners.
- The Holiday Ham Company has whole and half-hams online, along with side dishes, seafood, turkey and steaks.
- Smithfield Marketplace has a variety of hams in addition to its honey baked ham, including brown-sugar and wine-glazed hams.
- Hickory Farms, Dean and Deluca and Omaha Steaks all offer glazed hams and other holiday staples online.