| Harry Potter Licorice Wands.
Photo: foodistablog, Flickr
- Harry Potter mania is rampant. When there's a magical world full of unusual food, there are foodies who figure out how to make it!
- The ins and outs of summer tomato mania -- the different types, how to store them, and how to prepare them.
- Are grocery brands worth it? The Statesman investigates and finds out which are best for mac and cheese, waffles and orange juice.
- Houston's Max's Wine Dive hits Austin with a super-casual wine and dining experience, while El Chilito snags a second location on Barton Springs Road.
- "The Next Food Network Star" held a casting call in Austin, and several hundred food fiends descended upon the city's Hyatt Regency.
- Eggplant rolls from Michal Haines' "The Spice Kitchen."
- Foodie highlights in central Texas.