So, what can you use to make beautiful, symmetrical patties? Check out the list below and be sure to comment if you know of another household item that works well:
- Jar Lids -- They might be a bit thin for a huge meat fiend's patty, but will work for a respectably sized portion.
- Glasses -- Press a mass of meat into the thickness you desire, then cut with the opening of the glass.
- Cookie cutters -- Use the same technique as above.
- Shallow Plastic Containers -- Line the container with plastic wrap, press the meat into the container, then wrap for a good to go patty. When lidded, these also work as ready to go single patty containers.
- Wax Paper -- Cut a shape out of wax paper and use it to trace your knife around the flattened mass of meat.