Ever since that experience, I never thought of asparagus in the same way. It went from being a vegetable that I detested throughout childhood to a respected art of nature.
April is the prime month for the asparagus season. While the evenings get warmer, the quantity of the harvest increases. There are four main varieties: green, white, violet and wild. Green asparagus is the one most commonly grown in the United States.
There are numerous ways to use asparagus in a dish. But, as we enter spring, it's time to think about refreshing salads that place this delicious crunchy vegetable at the center. Below are eight different recipes for asparagus salad:
- Martha Stewart's Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Asparagus Salad with Celery Leaves, Quail Eggs, and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Asparagus Salad with Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
- Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus
- Portobello and Asparagus Salad
- Asparagus-Bean Salad Over Arugula
- Asparagus Salad with Soy-Mustard Dressing
- Scallion and Asparagus Salad