When I think of pistachios, I automatically think sweet. Perhaps, this is due to the Egyptian and Syrian side of my family. From an early age, I associated pistachios with sweet syrupy nutty baklava and pistachio ice cream. We would alternate between pistachio baklava and the traditional one made with walnuts and almonds.
As I got older, I started to explore other pistachio flavored desserts. On a recent culinary adventure to Café Sabarsky in Manhattan I discovered the Austrian cake Mozart Torte. This one was made with pistachios, chocolate, and nougat cream. I haven't had any luck yet finding the recipe.
Below are 8 delicious pistachio recipes that are sure to fulfill your craving for something sweet and nutty:
- Rice Pudding with Cardamom and Pistachios
- Honeyed Goat Cheese Tart with Pistachio Crust
- Pistachio Gelato
- Meringue "Eggs" with Pistachio Custard and Chocolate Drizzle
- Pistachio Almond Nougat Torroncini
- Coconut Pistachio Meringues
- Middle Eastern Nut Filled Multi-layered Pastry
- Pistachio Baklava