Meatloaf dates back to Antiquity when Romans would make minced meat loaves. In fact, the Italian meatball is made in a strikingly similar way. The meatloaf that most Americans grow up eating is made from a mixture of ground pork and cornmeal. It has been part of American cuisine since colonial times and was brought over by Dutch and German settlers. Today, you can find meatloaves made with turkey meat instead of pork and beef. You can even make a vegetarian meatloaf.
Below are 8 different variations of meatloaf:
- South African Curried Lamb Meatloaf - This is probably one of the best meatloaves I have ever made!
- Italian-American Meatloaf
- Bobby Flay's Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze
- Sausage and Bell Pepper Meatloaf
- Veggie Meatloaf with Checca Sauce
- Buffalo Meatloaf with Spinach and Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Emeril's Tex-Mex Meatloaf
How do you like to cook your meatloaf?