When I think back on my childhood and I recall fall desserts, sweet potato pie comes to mind. Every Thanksgiving, I remember looking forward to my aunt's luscious delicious cinnamon-flavored sweet potato pie that had marshmallows melted on top. As an adult, I've come to appreciate the many different varieties of this succulent autumnal dessert.
Fall is the season for eating sweet potatoes and for transforming them into sweet pies. Last fall, I tried the most incredible decadent version: sweet potato rum pie with walnut-gingersnap crust. Recently, I tried a sweet potato pie with a marshmallow meringue. What are some interesting ones that you've tried?
Below are 8 recipes for sweet potato pie?
- Sweet potato rum pie with walnut-gingersnap crust
- Sweet potato pie with marshmallow meringue
- Sweet potato pie with three-nut topping
- Sweet potato pie
- Sweet potato chiffon pie
- Mississippi sweet potato pie
- Sweet potato pie with brown sugar and nutmeg
- Sausage shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes and squash