Here's the overview, straight from Felicitea's site:
Write: We're looking for poetry, prose, whatever you like. Feel free to haiku or make up a limerick, or write out a concise little paragraph. Just write about tea and it's relationship to you, your friend, or your last cup of coffee.
We want to connect new drinkers to tea, convert a coffee drinker (or other non-tea drinking people) or two over (at least get them to try good tea!) and reconnect tea lovers with what it is they love about tea.
- Tea drinkers it is your responsibility to help the coffee drinkers of the world. You are charged with helping them understand the joy of tea. If you are a convert tell your story. If you love tea, but still enjoy an occasional cup of coffee it's okay, but what about the tea keeps you coming back to the pot all day? Share with the Internets why they should kick that coffee habit. If you have a friend you're nominating, be specific.
- Coffee/Non-tea drinkers this is your chance to tell us why you drink coffee (or something else) instead of tea. This is your chance to tell all us tea drinkers what it is that makes you go for the espresso instead of the Earl Grey. Did you have a bad tea bag experience? Convinced all green tea is bitter? Are you willing to give it a shot but don't know where to start?
- It's got to be words. (However, if you want to go wild and make a video of yourself reading your prose, we encourage such blatant acts of attention getting.)
- It's got to be clear which side of the line your on - do you love tea, or do you need converted.
- You may enter someone else, by proxy, by writing about why THEY should be converted to tea. They then will win the coffee drinker's prize. You are welcome to enter as many friends as you like, and enter your own self in the tea loving side. (If you write something especially brilliant for a friend, we might just find a little something to pass along your way too.)
- You may only enter once for yourself.
- It must be no longer then one screen load. We shouldn't have to scroll to read any of it.
- Post it online. Either to your blog (comment with your linkage) or if you don't have a blog, post it here in the Felicitea Forums.
- Your words are due by July 31st. That gives you over two weeks to come up with something to say!
Just for entering you'll receive a sample tin from Felicitea. We'll contact everyone who submits an entry, and you'll be able to pick out a sample that you'd like to try - for free.
And whoever write the most interesting, intriguing, whimsical, heartbreaking or overall just awesome entries on both side will win:
2 Grand Prizes containing:
- A sampler set from Felicitea's current tea selection
- A haiku tea cup
- A custom blend, for a 1/2 pound of tea.
- A eight(8) tea sampler set from Felicitea's current tea selection
- Two(2) 1oz tins of their choice
To read the fine print and check out Summer's full write-up on the contest, click here, and then get to writing if you'd like to win some of the above mentioned goodies!