July through September is the time of year when we should be savoring fresh raspberries. They grow wild all over different parts of the country. This past weekend, while driving through the Berkshires in western Massachusetts, I stopped at various farms to taste the raspberries. Each berry was bursting with tartness and sweetness.
This summer, I encourage you to revel in the raspberry season. Below are 8 ways you can incorporate raspberries into your diet:
- Add raspberries to your cereal.
- Puree raspberries with olive oil and drizzle over salads or grilled vegetables.
- Make raspberry waffles.
- Cool off this summer with raspberry frozen yogurt cake with raspberry amaretto sauce.
- For dinner, why not cook up hazelnut-crusted chicken with raspberry sauce.
- For dessert, try raspberry almond lattice tart.
- A raspberry champagne cocktail is the perfect drink for a weekend brunch.
- When entertaining, make red cabbage with raspberries, onions and apples.