I recently attended a mojito party. Yes, my friends base a whole party around the mojito. There is a good reason. The mojitos at this party are better than any others I've had. What can I say - host Adam's got the mojito mojo.
The only problem is that I'm not a big drinker. One mojito is enough for me alcohol-wise, but flavor-wise I could keep going all night.
I noticed that Adam was making a virgin mojito for a pregnant friend and I asked if I could jump on the virgin bandwagon. It turns out that the taste was ostensibly the same. It's a light and refreshing summer drink that I should make more often.
My friend Adam's Virgin Mojito Recipe is after the jump.
Makes a 12 oz cup
- 1.5 ounces of rum (Don't worry, it's not going in your drink - check out his step 1.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 of one lime, cut into pieces (This is more lime than a normal mojito to make up for the lack of rum.)
- 6 good size mint leaves
- club soda
- Give the rum to someone who drinks.
- Put the lime, mint, and sugar in a glass and muddle.
- Fill cup with ice about 3/4 full.
- Top off with club soda.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Garnish with fresh sugar cane if you can get some.