According to an AP report, two women were hospitalized after a New Zealand cafe mistakenly served dishwashing liquid as mulled wine. I'm not a wine expert and rarely bother with the whole sniff and swirl before drinking. I'm assuming these poor women also neglected that step. Are you even supposed to do that with mulled wine? Anyway, ewww!
When I was kid, I once killed a plant by pouring window cleaner into it instead of water. At least these women wisely stopped drinking after experiencing a burning sensation on the lips and mouth and thus lived to tell the tale.
Have you ever made a regretful liquid mix-up or perhaps drank wine that was so bad it tasted like dish soap? Share your story in the comments.
[via Gut Check]