When first the whispers of the Disney movie Ratatouille were out, I didn't pay much attention. Sure, I love Pixar movies for their animation and funny writing, but for some reason, I wasn't drawn in by the marketing that always featured a rat, even though I knew the movie was somehow about food and cooking. However, I only very recenlty read the storyline (I don't watch tv or movies at all, so I never got a sense of the movie from sneak previews or commercials) and am now waiting for a chance when I have two hours free to watch it.
In honor of the movie that I have not yet seen, here are eight stories about the real ratatouille from around the web, all of them recipes for the dish that is made of quintessential summer produce of tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers.
- Elise of Simply Recipes shares her Dad's recipe for ratatouille (and also includes links to other blogs that have cooked and written about ratatouille)
- For Vanessa, it's so good, it's actually "Rad-atouille"
- Clotilde of Chocolate and Zucchini has to make oven-roasted ratatouille! Her blog is named after one of the ingredients!
- Even though she's from Lorraine (like the quiche), Bea of La Tartine Gourmand makes the Nicoise dish.
- Just hungry shows just how versatile ratatouille is by putting it between bread and making a sadnwich.
- The turkish version of ratatouille is called Imam Bayildi, according to the Food Vagabond.
- bFeedMe just can't live without this recipe for ratatouille
- Finally, take your pick from 15 recipes for ratatouille over at mega food site, Epicurious.