Oh yeah. In the summer-time, either it's gotta be fire-breathing, sweat-inducing spicy, or...ice cold, baby.
The Los Angeles Times this week puts up the timeliest article for summer - a feature on milkshakes - where to get a good one in LA (not those fake and shake mix-ups from the nearest fast food drive-thru), and how to make them at home. The two things to remember are using the freshest, highest quality ice cream that isn't too ice cold, and having the perfect ratio of ice cream to milk. In LA, the milkshakes that bring all the boys to the yard can be found at:
- 25 Degrees, Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, 7000 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood; (323) 785-7244, http://www.25degreesrestaurant.com
- Pazzo Gelato, 3827 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles; (323) 662-1410
- Lucky Devils, 6613 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood; (323) 465-8259
- Fair Oaks Pharmacy, 1526 Mission St., South Pasadena; (626) 799-1414, http://www.fairoakspharmacy.net
- The Land of Fruits and Nuts, Aboard the Queen Mary, 1126 Queen's Highway, Long Beach; (562) 499-1611, http://www.lofan.com
- Scoops, 712 N. Heliotrope Drive, Los Angeles; (323) 906-2649
- Mashti Malone's, N. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles; (323) 874-0144, http://www.mashtimalone.com
- Papoo's Hot Dog Show, 4300 Riverside Drive, Burbank; (818) 846-1511
- Fred 62, 1850 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles; (323) 667-0062, http://www.fred62.com
- Watson Drug and Diner, 116 E. Chapman Ave., Orange; (714) 633-1050
- Fosselman's, 1824 W. Main St., Alhambra; (626) 282-6533, http://www.fosselmans.com
- Beverly Hills Hotel Fountain Shop, Beverly Hills Hotel, 9641 Sunset Blvd., Beverly Hills; (310) 276-2251, http://www.thebeverlyhillshotel.com
Where's the best place to get a real, good milkshake in your neck of the woods?