I have no idea why I'm reading Men's Health. Regardless, the magazine has an article that encourages men to cook these seven dishes from around the world at home, to keep them lighter than the restaurant versions that are always loaded with too much pasta, rice and potatoes. Men's Health says that the "secret isn't tiny, Frenchman-like portions; it's a redistribution of nutrients." Hey, if it makes you look like Mr. Cooking Guy in the photo, I'm all for it!
The recipes are for:
- Curried Shrimp Kebabs with Basmati Rice (Indian)
- Sausage and Pepper Pasta (Italian)
- Steak and Bean Burrito (Mexican)
- Pork Fried Rice (Chinese)
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl with Broccoli (Japanese)
- Cajun Chicken Fingers with Sweet Potato Fries
- Broiled Lamb Chop over Cucumber Tomato Salad (Greek)
The recipes are for one portion though. I'd double it, and make dinner for yourself and your date!