Have unmarked cans lurking around the back of your pantry? Spices you bought when they were on sale and never used? Well, dust off your under-utilized waffle iron or crock pot and get cooking with it! At Slashfood, we think that there is no better time to clean out your cupboards and start off with a fresh batch of ingredients than the beginning of spring. Today, we're pulling everything out of our cupboards and trying to use it up - after all, how else can we make room for all the new goodies we'll find at the grocery store in the next couple of months? We'll be thinking up ways to maximize the canned and dry goods that we never seem to quite run out of and offer suggestions for restocking the pantry once your cleanup is done.
Stay tuned for lots of suprises and some of the following:
- How to stock a basic pantry
- Making buttermilk scones with white chocolate chips
- Marshmallow cereal bars for kids and kids at heart
- What do bachelors keep at home?
- Uses for basic marinara sauce
- Shelf lives of common pantry items