When I was pregnant, I ate an avocado almost every day during my second trimester when the cravings hit hard. But the way I like avocado the best, is in guacamole. It is my favorite party "dip" by far. My guacamole is more like a chunky, chopped salad, and is delicious served with warm tortilla chips or atop chili. Guacamole Stefania-style
I like a lime-y guacamole. If you don't want to use all the lime juice, juice the limes one at a time until it's as zingy as you like it.
- 5 ripe avocados
- the juice of 6-8 limoncitos or key limes (or 3 regular limes)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ large sweet yellow onion (Vidalia, Maui, Walla Walla, Texas Sweet), diced
- ½ to one whole jalapeño or serrano chili (depending on heat desired), de-seeded and finely minced
- a handful of cilantro leaves (no stems), chopped
Add remaining ingredients and toss lightly, being careful not to break up the diced avocado. Taste for salt. Serve immediately.