Did you know
- that in the Ivory Coast, a free range chicken is called un poulet-bicyclette (a chicken-bicycle) because it is free to use its own feet.
- that figs are the sweetest of all fruits, with a 55% sugar content. The flower of the fig is inside the fruit, so there are no blossoms on fig trees. Sort of like an inside out strawberry.
- that brown eggs are not better than white. The colour of egg shells is determined by the breed of hen. White feathers and ear lubs equal white eggs, red feathers and ear lubs equal brown eggs.
- that only 20 vines remain of the Maturana Tinta grape variety producing a single varietal wine in Rioja.
- European colonists introduced the parsnip to America but now most states have wild parsnip on their list of weeds/invasive species.